Nebraska Humane Society issues heat advisory for pets after Bellevue cat suffers heat stroke

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Nebraska Humane Society is issuing another warning about how dangerous heat can be for animals.This comes after they got a...

August 10, 2022
10:16 AM

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Nebraska Humane Society is issuing another warning about how dangerous heat can be for animals.This comes after they got a 3-year-old cat named Joey in July.He was found with heatstroke in Bellevue. By the time he arrived, he was lethargic and didn't respond to light or other visual stimulation.The Humane Society says Joey can now find the litter box, food and do other things. But he's fully blind and has a head tilt. That's probably from neurological damage from the heat.

Kmtv Staff